Equip is an independent mental health not-for-profit organisation associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer career development opportunities as well as ongoing training and development. Our team feels valued, supported and appreciated which enables us to bring about positive change in the lives of others.
About the role:
The Older Adults Community Support Services (Counties Manukau) is responsible for engaging and supporting people (aged 65 and over) who have mental health challenges and live in the Counties Manukau district.
As a Community Support Worker (CSW), you'll be working autonomously with our Tangata whai ora, supporting them to engage and remain in their chosen community and helping them to work on self-directed goals to regain independence, maintain wellbeing and achieve their fullest potential and quality of life. The CSW is required to participate in support and needs assessment, goal setting, and risk management.
The role also involves collaboratively working with the whānau/family as well as working under the multi-disciplinary framework with the Community Mental Health Centres. You will attend regular clinical review meetings with mental health clinicians and other professionals.
Office hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30am – 5pm, the role is 4 days per week with days being flexible for the right candidate.
Who we are looking for:
- Commitment and passion for working with older people.
- A clean full NZ drivers license.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Experience working within the mental health field and an understanding and appreciation of Strengths and Recovery-based practice is preferred.
- Experience running groups is preferred.
- A Level 4 Certificate in Health and Well-being (Mental Health and Addictions) or equivalent/above.
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively under a multi-disciplinary mental health frame.
- An organisation that lives by its values.
- Great job satisfaction where you will have a direct impact on the lives of people.
- Supportive team culture- Regular team meeting, Peer support session, and on-on-one supervision.
- Personal and professional development opportunities including support to gain the level 4 certificate, training in dementia and many more.
- IT equipment and use of fleet vehicles for everyday work activities.
- Staff benefits including birthday leave, team building days and professional supervision.
If you are keen to join us, please click "Apply for this job" now.