Equip is an independent mental health not-for-profit organisation associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer career development opportunities as well as ongoing training and development. Our team feels valued, supported and appreciated which enables us to bring about positive change in the lives of others.
About the role
Equip’s Community Support Hours service provides flexible mobile support to adults aged 18 years and over who experience mental health issues. The service is a wrap around one for individuals living in the community who have multiple needs. We support our clients spiritually, mentally and physically and offer a variety of services to suit their individual needs.
The Registered Health Professional position is a hands-on role with a mix of community work as well as coaching and mentoring our Community Support Worker team. This position is 40 hours per week and a level of flexibility will be required to meet the needs of service users. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer ongoing training and development opportunities.
Who are we looking for:
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist, Nurse, Social Worker or DAPAANZ-registered
- Sound clinical judgment
- Comprehensive leadership skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Have a passion for mentoring others
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A clean full NZ drivers licence
- NZ resident or a valid NZ work visa
- Ability to build rapport and empathise with people from diverse backgrounds
- An organisation that lives by its values.
- Great job satisfaction where you will have a direct impact on the lives of people.
- Supportive team culture: Regular team meetings, Peer support session, and on-on-one supervision.
- Personal and professional development opportunities including support to gain the level 4 certificate and more.
- IT equipment and use of fleet vehicles for everyday work activities.
- Staff benefits including birthday leave, team building days and professional supervision.
Apply now if you have a genuine passion for helping others, and want to be part of a supportive and engaging team.