We are an independent mental health Not for Profit organization associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church and have a strong Christian ethos. With a staff of around 70, we are a values led organization who truly care about the people we work with and for. We pride ourselves on our supportive, inclusive culture and our success is making a positive difference in the lives of others.
About the role:
Are you looking for an opportunity to support people living with dementia to participate in meaningful, specific support and activities in a day care setting on the North Shore of Auckland?
The Equip Totara Club provides an opportunity for people living with a diagnosis of early to moderate dementia to come together and spend time in a safe supportive environment.
We are looking for someone to join our team part time during the hours of 11.00am -2.00pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. You may also be required to provide cover for other staff members at various times.
This role is varied and unique. You will help the team to prepare the midday meal and assist members to participate in an interactive programme of choice and ability, which can help them to maintain and improve their social, cognitive, physical, spiritual and cultural wellbeing.
Totara Club is often a fast-paced environment, so you need to be energetic, be practical, have a commitment to processes and procedures, and be able to show initiative. You will receive a thorough induction and on-going training.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal applicant will have the following qualities:
- Be a calm, caring, and conscientious person with a person-centred approach.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- A willingness and interest in supporting people living with dementia. Relevant experience in this work would be an advantage.
- You will need to have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit.
- We are looking for a team player with a can-do and resilient attitude.
- Possess a well-developed sense of humour
- An organisation that lives by its values.
- Great job satisfaction where you will have a direct impact on the lives of people.
- Supportive team culture.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
- Staff benefits including birthday leave, team building days.
If you’re interested in being part of a team that cares for people and brings about positive change click “Apply for this job” to submit your application.