Equip’s staff say:
“I love the culture at Equip. I have never known a place where you feel so valued and where you are put first.”
“I took the job to change other peoples’ lives, but it changed mine.”
Who is Equip?
We are an independent mental health Not for Profit organization associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church and have a strong Christian ethos. With a staff of around 80, we are a values led organization who truly care about the people we work for and with. We pride ourselves on our supportive, inclusive culture and our success is making a positive difference in the lives of others.
About the Role
Equip’s Community Support Hours service provides flexible mobile support to adults aged 18 years and over who experience mental health issues. The service is a wrap around one for individuals living in the community who have multiple needs. We support our clients spiritually, mentally and physically and offer a variety of services to suit their individual needs.
The Registered Health Professional position is a hands-on role with a mix of community work as well as coaching and mentoring our Community Support Worker team. This position is 40 hours per week and a level of flexibility will be required to meet the needs of service users. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer ongoing training and development opportunities.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal applicant will have the following qualities, skills and experience:
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist, Nurse, Social Worker or DAPAANZ-registered
- Sound clinical judgment
- Comprehensive leadership skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Have a passion for mentoring others
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A clean full NZ drivers licence
- NZ resident or a valid NZ work visa
- Ability to build rapport and empathise with people from diverse backgrounds
Apply now if you have a genuine passion for helping others, and want to be part of a supportive and engaging team.