Part-Time Registered Health Professional – North Shore
Registered Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or DAPAANZ Registered
- Great North Shore location
- Ongoing training and development
- Amazing company culture and staff benefits
Koromiko House is a leading mental health respite service, providing a safe, relaxed, nurturing and home like environment for up to seven guests, who will stay with us for periods of between 4 to 10 days. The registered health professional position is a part time role - 8 hours on a Saturday between the hours of 7am and 3.30pm.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to cover other shifts as needed. You will be part of a team that is active in creating an environment conducive to the wellbeing of the guests staying at Koromiko House.
This role has some unique characteristics in that you will be the lead member of staff and need to have the people skills to support our guests, deal with any emergency situations as they arise, be able to complete some basic administration and IT tasks and do some household cleaning to keep the property to a high standard whilst also support residential support workers to perform their role to a high standard.
You’ll receive a thorough induction and on-going training and given opportunities to engage with the wider Equip Team.
Skills and Experience
- New Zealand Registered Occupational Therapist, Nurse, Social Worker or DAPAANZ-registered
- Sound clinical judgment
- Comprehensive leadership skills and ability to stay calm under pressure
- Have a passion for mentoring others
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- A clean full NZ drivers licence
- NZ resident or a valid NZ work visa
- Ability to build rapport and empathise with people from diverse backgrounds
Koromiko House is part of the wider Equip team who are an independent mental health Not for Profit organisation associated with Windsor Park Baptist Church. We are supportive of our team and proud to offer career development opportunities as well as ongoing training and development. Our team feels valued, supported, and appreciated which enables us to bring about positive change in the lives of others living in our community.
If you have the skills we seek, along with a genuine passion for helping others, and want to be part of a supportive and engaging team, apply now.