Do you have your own experience of mental distress and/or addiction?
Are you the Peer Support Worker we are looking for?
As a Peer Support worker, you will be a valued member of our team providing services across the Waitematā region.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your lived experience of mental distress and/or addiction to work alongside tangata whai ora in a mutual relationship to foster hope, encourage self-determination and support peoples' aspirations for wellbeing.
- Full time position
- Ongoing training and development, and regular external supervision
- Amazing company culture and staff benefits
- Based at Equip HQ, Mairangi Bay, North Shore, Auckland
Equip is a leading mental health organisation providing an innovative model of care, effective support and education in the greater Auckland region. Our values are embedded in the way we work alongside the people we support:
You will have:
- Completed Intentional Peer Support training, the New Zealand Certificate in Health and Wellbeing (Peer Support) Level 4, or a recognised equivalent.
Or, be willing to work towards a qualification
- An in-depth understanding of the peer values and reflective practice, and ability to apply them in your role, ideally bringing two years of experience as a peer support worker
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to share your experience of wellbeing and recovery in meaningful ways that enhance the recovery of tangata whai ora
- A full New Zealand drivers licence
- Good computer skills
- A genuine passion to make a positive difference
If you’re interested in being part of a team that cares for people and brings about positive change, submit your application now.